FirstRain’s YY Lee to speak at “Rubber Meets the Road : What’s hard about deriving real meaning from data”
FirstRain COO, YY Lee, is giving a speech at Thomson Reuter’s Data Science Meetup “Rubber Meets the Road: What’s hard about deriving real meaning from data” tonight in San Francisco.
In her presentation, YY will share her expertise on deriving business developments, implicit relationships, and “meaningful insight” from vast swaths of online and social content across the global web. She will share FirstRain’s experience in addressing the following data science problems to deliver deeply personalized information experience to business professionals:
- Deriving structure and meaning from the world of unstructured data;
- Understanding the relationships between the business entities;
- Accessing and processing industry-specific unique information;
- Scaling: business documents, social activity, business entities, lines of business;
- Tricky nuances: skepticism filters; upcoming trends vs outliers; data significance; personalization as a function of business, role in the company, workflow, and moment in time.